Volunteer at Twinlow:
The Best Place to Volunteer
Camp is one of the best places to volunteer because there is always a need, and there is always something for volunteers of all shapes, sizes, and skills. We have projects for men’s groups, women’s groups, families, and individuals that want to help Twinlow. Groups that come to work can stay at camp free on a space available basis. Click the links below to learn more about specific events and ways to volunteer!
Sounds obvious but please keep Twinlow and its ministry on your prayer list, ask at your church to include Twinlow in the Joys and Concerns, especially during summer months when camp is full of people every day.
Your participation in Twinlow events and programs is a great way to support the ministry. As your partner in ministry, Twinlow provides opportunities to strengthen families and churches, encourage discipleship, develop spiritual gifts, and experience Christian Community.
2020 Twinlow Work Day
May 25th, 2020 | 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Cost: FREE (Lunch Is Provided!)
Please bring yourselves, work gloves, and any tools you don’t mind sharing. This is also a good time to clean out your garage! Twinlow will gladly accept donations of:
- Work Gloves
- Gently Used Tools
Please RSVP to let us know you’re coming for lunch:
This year we will be focusing mainly on developing our New Archery Range! This will include a lot of brush clearing, dirt moving, and bench construction.
For the past five years Twinlow’s Archery range has suffered from lack of use due to how far away from main camp it is. Due to this, campers are not excited about this special activity and our equipment has suffered. This year we are hoping to build a permanent location for archery not too far from Campfire. It is our hope with this location campers will have a new interest in this sport. Along with building a new range we are hoping to purchase new bows, targets, and safety equipment. If you are interested in donating to our Archery program please contact our Camp Director.
If building archery ranges isn’t for you, don’t worry we have plenty of other projects including:
- Indoor cleaning
- Wood chopping
- Trail clearing
- Beach clean up
It is going to be a day of getting camp ready for summer. We hope to see you there!
Summer Camp Volunteer
Join Us Any Week of the Summer
For the safety of our campers and staff, if the following has not been completed by the time you arrive at camp you will be asked to leave:
- Volunteer Staff Application Form
- Twinlow Background Check
- Confirmation From Twinlow Staff
Volunteers ages 18 or older who want to be a part of the summer camp community by helping as cabin leaders, worship leaders, kitchen help, activity leaders, nurses, and other skills. Training is provided and the coveted summer staff T-shirt is earned through your selfless service.
We have a very diverse camp experience at Twinlow and thus we have a variety of ways you can choose to volunteer. Below are descriptions of each volunteer experience.
- Co-Counselor Volunteer – Volunteers will be in a cabin group with our trained Summer Staff for a week. Volunteers would help with camper supervision which includes monitoring daytime activities and being present in the cabin during the nighttime. Co-Counselors may be asked to lead games, activities, or be present during free time. These volunteers will be trained by and report to the Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director.
- Program Support Staff – Volunteers will be assisting the Program and Assistant Program Director for the week. In this role volunteers will help set up and take down for big camp games such as Water Olympics and All Camp Game. Program Support Staff may be asked to lead an activity, be present during free time, or help in the office.
- Non-Program Support Staff – Volunteers will be assisting the Director through the week. In this position volunteers will help with grounds/maintenance responsibilities and may be asked to help in the kitchen.
- Volunteer Photographer – The task for the volunteer photographer is just that, take photos of “all the things”. Ideally this position is for the budding or established photographer who is not afraid to get in on the action and excitement of camp.
Twinlow is an official stop during the summer and a year round drop in site for the United Methodist NOMAD program. These wonderful servants have accomplished great things the last several years at Twinlow and our facilities are better because of their skills. During the summer, our NOMADS receive meals, are a part of our camp community, and we have a beautiful spot to park your RV down by our lake. You can learn more about NOMADS by visiting their site or contact Twinlow as we love volunteer RV folks.