Summer Staff 2020:
We are looking for about 20 young adults to serve in various roles on site at Twinlow Camp and Retreat Center. We hire “Summer Staff” and that covers a variety of roles such as camp counselor, kitchen staff, housekeepers, lifeguards, and much more. A summer serving as Summer Staff at Twinlow builds your character, your resume, and your community.
We are seeking amazing staff who can help us fulfill our mission to provide Christian Hospitality on Holy Grounds. That means being loving and welcoming to every camper and guest that visits during the summer.
We will train you to be a lifeguard, lead small group time, and how to organize a great campfire. All we ask is that you have come with a heart to serve others, to live in Christian community, and a joy for working with kids.
This position is a seasonal summer position. Summer Staff will be cabin counselors, lifeguards, Day Camp leaders, and support staff (kitchen help, housekeeping, program support, etc.) throughout the summer. These people will be the core of the ministry we do this summer. Participating in creating this community we live in, lifting our community to a new level, talking about Jesus, taking initiative, having fun with campers, leading purposeful worship and activities, and having a servant heart are the core of the successful summer staff member.
Each week of camp, summer staff are assigned to different positions depending on what’s happening that week. For on-site programs, summer staff may be assigned to be a lifeguard, head counselor, kitchen, or program assistant. Most weeks, summer staff will stay in cabins with campers as additional counselors at night. Days start with a short chapel service called Morning Watch and end at night with an all-camp campfire. Everyday campers are led by staff through team building, games, worship, swimming, and Bible studies.
Early June – Late August
Wednesday June 10th, 2020 is the first day of staff training. Staff training is an extremely valuable time of community building, teaching, and learning and preference will be given to staff who can be here by June 10th and serve throughout the whole summer. Our summer season runs through August 14th with a possibility for an extra few weeks as needed. We will talk to you about your end of summer, school, and life needs, we will determine your departure date upon hiring.
If you have any questions, we would love to help and chat:
Specific skills we are looking for:
- Nature Awareness, Outdoor Education
- Worship Leading and musical instrument skills
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Water Skiing and Wake Boarding Instruction
- Boat Driving
- Team Building/ Challenge Course
- Videography/ Photography / Media
- A loving, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Willingness to work hard, play hard, be flexible, and serve in a variety of ways.
- All applicants must be high school graduates, 18 years and older. Preference is given to applicants with a year of post-high school experience. Not a high school graduate? Check out our Counselor in Training Program
- All summer staff must complete a voluntary disclosure statement, submit to Federal criminal background checks, provide personal references, and agree to abide by all Twinlow summer staff policies. Some positions require a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. We are able to certify you in CPR/Aid, Lifeguard, Food Handling Permit.
- All applicants must submit a completed and signed summer staff application
- All staff participate in Summer Staff Training
Salary and Compensation:
- Salaries start at $220 per week with higher salaries for those with returning or demonstrated experience. You can expect to earn at least $2,000 over the summer.
- Meals Included: Delicious food cooked every day.
- Housing Included: Cozy cabins in the beautiful north Idaho woods.
Apply for Twinlow Summer Staff:
Click here to sign up for a free account to access our online application: