Twinlow Camp Summer Staff come to your church and to your community for one week to provide a faith based and camping based program to all the youth that want to come. We like to think of it as taking the camp experience on the road and letting it explode out into your familiar world to impact the lives of youth who may or may not be a part of your church community.
We provide the team, the curriculum, the activities the crafts…the whole program!
The congregation provides housing and hosting for the team, some supplies, plus volunteers to work with our team that help to make it a great week of building relationships within your church.
Camp staffs are also available to do special evening programs and youth or family events with your congregation. The team arrives Sunday afternoon/evening and runs the program at the congregation from Monday through Friday.
Starting in September 2012, we will be taking reservations for 2013 Community Day Camp Programs. We filled all of our spots in 2012 and will be working hard to make sure we fill all our spots again as we have doubled our teams available. We have 8 weeks to choose from and so be working with your church leaders to pick your week and get your deposit in. Space is reserved on a first come first serve basis.
We have two spots remaining in 2013 which are during the July 4th week. We invite you to contact these congregations if you have a camper who would like to participate.
June 30 – July 5 Open
Seattle Area UMCs (Sandpoint UMC)
Grace UMC Walla Walla
Pioneer UMC Walla Walla
Mill Plain UMC Vancouver
July 28 – Aug 2:
Fairwood UMC Renton
Fall City UMC
St. Paul UMC Spokane
Rainer Beach UMC
Some of the Benefits of Partnering with Twinlow for your Day Camp:
- Leadership - Take away the stress of finding leaders year after year for your VBS
- Organization - END THE CHAOS. This is a process that works. Volunteers are utilized, honored, and appreciated for their help.
- Ministry - Our staff come ready for ministry, ready to serve, ready to teach, and ready to learn.
- Process - We help you get ready throughout the year. We walk you through how to promote, prepare, and how to register your campers.
- Details - No purchasing curriculum or materials. We come equipped with supplies, music, ideas, and staff who know how to use them and lead. We call it “Camp in a Van!”
- Community - Twinlow Staff can minister to your campers and your Jr. High and High School volunteers. Staff stay with church families and interact with almost everyone in your church. Your campers go home and share with their families, those families share with their neighbors. This program has the potential to increase the community at your church through the snowball effect.
2013 Twinlow Congregation Coordinator Guide
Download this helpful document which is meant to be a complete description of how the Community Day Camp Program works and what the congregation responsibilities are and what Twinlow will do for your congregation.
Ready to Commit?
2013 Day Camp Reservation Form
Use this form to send in along with your deposit to reserve your week of Day Camp
Please contact Twinlow to learn more about how Day Camp can help your church impact your surrounding community. We will help you talk to decision makers at your church and walk with you all year round.